Job Location: BrantfordWhat do we do:
Program: Intensive Child and Family Services, Early Years Program
Job Type: Full-Time – 12 month contract
Start Date: October 26, 2020
Posting Date: September 23, 2020
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Woodview Mental Health & Autism Services offers a broad spectrum of services for children, youth and their families facing mental health challenges. We work in direct partnership with children, youth and their families as well as with schools and social service agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need, when and where they need it.
“We are committed to providing individualized, client-centred services and supports based on our values of accountability, respecting others, working together, leading, innovation and learning and our commitment to staff”.
Woodview goes above and beyond to engage individuals and families by providing high quality mental health and autism services and supports that inspires hope and strengthens lives.Working at Woodview:
In 2018, Woodview won the Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice award with an overall assessment score of 85% (industry benchmark: 68%) demonstrating a high level of staff engagement, satisfaction and an overall positive workplace culture. Top rated categories at Woodview included: Personal Enjoyment, Reputation, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Management/Employee Relations.
“I am proud to be working here” – 97% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“My organization encourages fun and enjoyment” – 94% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
“Woodview encourages a supportive team culture” – 96% of staff surveyed strongly/moderately agree
Specific Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- A meaningful job that inspires hope and strengthens lives
- A positive culture and supportive environment that offers flexibility
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended healthcare and dental coverage as well as a RRSP contribution program
- A generous vacation entitlement (entry-level full-time employees can expect to receive 3 weeks paid vacation to start)
- A commitment to wellness in the workplace as well as ongoing professional development and training opportunities
1. Providing Intensive home, school and community based assessment and treatment intervention for children in Brantford, (ages 0 – 6) identified with mental health needs, and their families.
2. Service coordination and collaboration in developing individualized goal-focused treatment plans
3. Provide consultation, support and training to families, schools and other agencies
4. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families (a minimum of two evenings per week and potential of two Saturday shifts per month will be required)
5. Participation in family sessions, group work, including evening and weekend hours
6. Implement client focused activities, responsive to the needs of clients
7. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job (written/verbal/implied)
8. Able to work independently as well as collaboratively within an inter-disciplinary team
9. Demonstrate confidence, self-direction and sound judgement in the role of CYWQualifications:
How To Apply
- Must have Child & Youth Worker (CYW) diploma, or degree/diploma in related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in children’s mental health and working with families
- A demonstrated ability to work from a strength-based, collaborative perspective with clients and families with complex needs, including anxiety, depression and self-harm
- Sound knowledge and/or experience in the mental health field and an ability to manage the emotional and behavioural needs of clients
- Strong ability to communicate concise, accurate information in verbal and written reporting
- NVCI and ASIST certification an asset
- Knowledge of DBT and CBT an asset.
- Current police check, including vulnerable screening valid First Aid and CPR (an asset)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Computer skills
- Second language an asset
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of a reliable vehicle with the ability to transport clients
Qualified candidates are asked to send their resume to email@example.com (including the job title in the subject line).
We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Woodview welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. Woodview is committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.