On behalf of our client, Sentient HR is seeking a Montessori Toddler Teacher for a CCMA-accredited school in York Region, Ontario, Canada, serving children from 12 months to grade 3. Children receive care designed to help them develop their academic, emotional and social skills, and grow the foundations they will need to succeed in life. Our client's vision is to make every customer experience easy, efficient and enjoyable. If you are looking for a great career opportunity have the talent and passion to be a top performing ambassador, we would love the opportunity to meet with you.
The Montessori Toddler teacher is responsible for educating, stimulating, influencing and caring for the children in their classroom. Their principle responsibilities include: maintaining a high quality environment, assessing, observing and caring for the individual needs of every child, educating children in accordance to the designated curriculum model for their age group, maintaining open and honest lines of communication between parents and team members and always exemplifying professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a variety of relevant resources and technology to supplement the lesson plans in a meaningful way.
- Daily reporting and record-keeping – attendance, allergy, medication, communication logs
- Manage and maintain an orderly classroom – follow cleaning schedules and room routines
- Maintain a positive learning environment using age-appropriate and effective classroom management techniques.
- Keep up-to-date on innovative teaching methods and developments in the education field through seminars, additional qualifications, etc.
- Lead teacher to plan and develop program in line with children’s interests. Programming must support children with emotional, physical, or behavioral problems and help develop their social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Montessori diploma from a MACTE accredited or AMI training centre
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR
- Up-to-date Immunization and 2 tiered TB test
- B.A. or B.Sc. from a recognized University
- strengths in organizational skills, communication skills, parent education and leadership
- excellent teamwork skills
- confident and flexible professionalism
- love of outdoors.