CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is looking for an accomplished DevOps Engineer with a very deep understanding of various development and automation tools and technologies. This is both a technical and leadership role, that requires a high degree of teamwork to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This role includes people management responsibilities for a group of DevOps Engineers including interviewing, onboarding, mentoring, and ensuring that the team is appropriately supported and achieving delivery excellence:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Provide thought leadership and DevOps standard methodologies to bring development and IT operations processes, people and tools closer together
- Audit and make recommendations and improvements on current environments as needed – including all operational aspects of a client environment from application, infrastructure, network, and security
- Create technical governance for technology operations for managed client environments and solely drive regular cadence with client partners and other collaborators
- Engage with multi-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
- Build, release and manage configurations of production systems
- Deploy, automate, oversee and monitor cloud-based systems to ensure high availability, performance, scalability and security
- Solve issues across various platforms, networks and application domains
- Analyze and resolve application issues using logs, database queries, monitoring tools, server configurations, etc.
- Perform system recovery processes and tooling, as needed
- Collaborate with various teams to meet project objectives
- Ensure high availability outside normal business hours for your team and clients to support operations
CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, ARM Templates
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years DevOps Engineering experience including leading a team of Support and DevOps Engineers
- MS Certified Azure Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Professional or CNCF Certified CKA preferred
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, automating infrastructures and entire delivery pipelines, along with experience & expertise in deployments
- Possess significant experience executing and leading automated software deployments.
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies/standards, complex application domains, building strategies and processes
- Extensive knowledge on cloud, and experience building and running Azure/AWS infrastructure
- Extensive experience with a variety of DevOps tools including build/automation, configuration management and container orchestration
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Astute and passionate about engineering digital solutions that solves real business problems
- Willing to learn and absorb the rapid changes in the software engineering industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience with at least one tool/technology from each of these categories:
- Cloud provider: Azure, AWS
- Scripting language: Groovy, Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, YAML, Power Shell
- Containers: Kubernetes, OpenShift, VMware
- Automation tooling: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Terraform,
- Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack
- Version control: Subversion, GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Artifact management: Artifactory, Nexus