About the Company:
Axiom Builders prides itself on being a very personable company with serious commitment to building things right. As a leading general contractor of mixed-use, residential, commercial, and special projects, the company is well respected across Western Canada. Our people share a commitment to service, integrity and quality and this collective vision has led to immense growth over the years. Since 2003, we have grown to become one of British Columbia’s largest construction companies with over 25 notable projects with 6000 condo units currently under construction. Headquartered in Vancouver, Axiom also has a branch office in Calgary with satellite offices in Victoria, Edmonton and Seattle. About the Role:
Axiom Builders is looking to add a Project Manager, Virtual Construction to play a key role in the leadership, development and training of the growing BIM division in the larger Virtual Construction team. This is an exciting opportunity to work across all Axiom projects early in the preconstruction process, providing multiple services, bringing together design, drawings, planning, and build projects that exceed Axiom’s standard for excellence. Reporting directly to the Director of Virtual Construction and leading a BIM department, the successful candidate will:
What you Bring:
- Implement and manage V-CON and BIM services, from pre-construction to operations;
- Manage, train and organize project demands for a small team of BIM specialists and rotating schedule of interns and practicums;
- Develop R&D initiatives and continuous improvement programs to add or enhance BIM operations, company training and workflow with Director of VCON;
- Design and deliver V-CON on-boarding program for Project Managers, Coordinators, Estimators and Superintendents;
- Track V-CON services with site team once construction starts;
- Represent BIM and V-CON team at career fairs, building a pipeline of strong talent to join the team year after year.
The ideal Project Manager, Virtual Construction is a tech-savvy professional that is passionate about real estate and construction. Eager to be involved in the future of construction planning that will be in three dimensional. You enjoy working in a high learning environment, with a small team and are always willing to collaborate and adopt new way of doing things. You are someone who is innovative and detail-oriented, with a creative mind-set. Despite your level of expertise, you maintain a humble mindset because you are always looking for ways to gain more knowledge and exceed performance expectations.
Our Must Haves
- At least five (5) years of Project Management experience, ideally a combination of concrete, wood frame and institutional projects;
- Intermediate exposure to Revit and V-CON technology;
- Higher education in Construction, Building Science, Architecture, Engineering, or another related field;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively with all levels of employees and owners, architects, and subtrades;
- Ability to mentor and train upcoming construction professionals;
- Interest in taking on management and people leadership responsibilities as the team grows.
Your Rewards Axiom Builders is not only committed to the growth of the business, but also to the success and development of our people. We recognize that people are the drivers behind Axiom’s success, and we provide our team with the tools and support they need to start, continue, and advance their long-term career with our organization.
At Axiom, we offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost;
- RRSP Matching Program: We support your future goals by matching up to 5% of your RRSP salary;
- Professional Development and Education Support: We are keen on internal growth and development, which is why we are excited to fully support you in your pursuit of achieving further education.
How to Apply At Axiom Builders Inc., we are always on the lookout for talented people who are passionate about what they do. If you love what you do, and believe that with the right tools and opportunities you can do the best work of your life, please submit an application to our careers portal.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we want to keep the safety of our employees and interested candidates top of mind. Over the next few weeks, the Axiom Builders Talent Acquisition team will continue to conduct interviews for all posted opportunities via phone and video conference.
While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.