Job Description:We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working. Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for a Portfolio Architect, Advisory Network and Experience
Our Enterprise Architecture team is looking to hire a Portfolio Solution Architects that will cover the areas of Business, Application, Information, and Technology Architecture for the Advisory Network and Experience portfolio
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, this is the 2nd most senior architecture role in a major line of business. An expert in the architecture of a large product group or ecosystem, the Portfolio Architect proactively and holistically guides its evolution and implementation. These solutions collectively enable the future-state business capabilities and drive the organization’s targeted business-outcomes.
Accountable for ensuring the future orientation of the ecosystem aligns with and informs the Line of Business Strategy and Enterprise Architecture, this role maintains the target state architecture and roadmap for the product group/ecosystem and guides the work of solution designers in its implementation.
The Portfolio Architects guide & approve designs developed by Solution Architects and bring forward architecturally significant decisions/solutions to the Architecture Review Council for approval. They understand the business strategy, the unit’s enterprise architecture strategy and translate both into system changes required for achievement.
This role collaborates with the Enterprise Architect and Line of Business leaders on the development of the Line of Business IT Strategy.
Success in this role requires a strong partnership with the Enterprise Architect and senior business and IT leaders in the Line of Business, and for the incumbent to balance the need for strategic technology advancement with delivery pressures.
The successful candidates will provide technology leadership and innovation focused on the Advisory Network & Experience portfolio. This portfolio covers our distribution channels including human advisor, wholesale, and robo-advice. This is an enterprise level role that will be responsible for the technology strategy, solutioning oversight, and governance to architectural standards.
What you will do
What you will bring
- Accountable to ensure high quality delivery of leading-edge solutions that meet time and cost requirements that align with business unit (BU) and enterprise architecture principles and design standards.
- Proactively identify areas and opportunities to use technology to enhance customer experience and/or organizational efficiency.
- Research and recommend opportunities to leverage technology and keep up with the industry to support the strategy.
- Directs application technology research and sponsors line of business (LOB) initiatives (early-stage development/prototype) in support of BU strategy.
- Support development of business strategies, including technology roadmaps and proposals to achieve business plans.
- Provides leadership in managing IT risk (e.g.: security, disaster recovery, technology solution quality, etc.) and control requirements.
- Drive a high-performance culture for practitioner Solution Architects and influence this culture within IT.
- Ensure leaders, employees and vendors work together to drive performance and that high expectations are achieved within the values of the organization.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
- Bachelor Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in IT environments with a preference for significant complexity, highly regulated, and/or financial services
- 5+ progressive leadership experience related to both projects and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across multiple geographies and business functions.
- Demonstrate customer centric approach to problem solving, striving for service excellence and outward focus.
- Operational risk expertise related to working in complex shared environments.
- Led or supported business process changes related to technology.
- Experience motivating highly skilled groups of individuals toward teamwork and a common purpose; integrating efforts across units; monitoring and assessing results.
- Relationship-building across multiple geographies, business functions, and degrees of technical knowledge.
- Deep understanding of financial services industry, preferably with insurance experience, a strong asset
- Strong communication skills with technology and business teams
- Ability to challenge; understanding how to impact and influence.
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted