Requisition ID: 113359
Cost Centre: REAL ESTATE
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Working as part of a dynamic team within Scotiabank's Real Estate department, Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite, the Senior Designer will oversee the design of new office locations, including layouts, 3D development, signage and interior design. Working with external architectural consultants, the Senior Designer is responsible for the quality of the executed projects. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the Workplace design team to ensure enterprise brand consistency.
1. Create viable and effective designs that meet the needs of client groups and the requirements of Bank standards by:
2. Maximize the cost-effective and timely construction/renovation of design projects for Bank offices:
- using “design thinking” methodologies, client feedback and metrics, continuously adapt and improve overall workplace user experience;
- researching and entering into initial plans the requirements of the Bank’s business objectives, staffing projections, and developer and landlord criteria;
- checking and coordinating the working drawings and specifications of all architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical consultants to ensure compliance with Bank requirements and standards;
- communicating and negotiating with local building departments to ensure that all feasibility studies and actual construction work is in compliance with all legal requirements such as building codes and zoning bylaws.
- participating in strategy to examine all reasonable solutions to premises-related problems such as the challenges of downsizing, extensions, expansions, leasing vs. owned space, etc., through the medium of graphic display.
- reviewing drawings, preparing specifications, etc., for each project produced internally and by contractors and consultants to ensure that they are accurate relative to the Bank's defined scope of work, satisfy Bank standards and are co-ordinated with Bank signage, and FF&E requirements;
- analyzing and approving notices of change, change orders and shop drawings from consultants and other contractors.
3. Organize and maintain critical records by:• maintaining the standard filing system for drawings, specifications, shop drawings, as-built drawings, notices of change, and office copies of communications from outside consultants.
4. Provide ad-hoc support as required to Department Management by researching, developing, preparing recommendations, and carrying out special projects as assigned by the Vice- President and/or the Global Design Director.5. Create detailed interior design drawings and specifications based on the final layout by:
6. Obtain prompt Senior Management authorization of plans by:
- selecting appropriate casework and furnishings based on Bank standards (carpet, blinds, work station furniture, public space furniture and lunchroom furniture) and client needs;
- researching and selecting replacement furnishing and/or finishes as required;
- locating appropriate legal and compliance signage and standards within the offices.
7. Provide a quality control check on execution of drawings during the construction phase by:
- preparing presentation drawings of projects for management approval;
- maintaining the Bank's standards and image in all graphics presentations
- issuing sets of final drawings to all concerned parties for approval, and forwarding complete approved sets of drawings to Shared Services, Operations, Security & Investigation and AV teams.
- providing prompt service in the event of questions, problems, or issues arising from architects, contractors, or Senior Project Mangers during construction.
8. Providing research, support and recommendations to the department management in the research, development and execution of special projects as assigned by the Vice President, Corporate Premises and/or the Global Design Director.Requirements:
administrative and computer skills to develop system requirements for automated drawing and layout production Education/Other Experience:
- top-quality architectural design skills, including expert knowledge of REVIT, CAD and 3D rendering and presentation skills;
- expert knowledge of the real estate market, trends and economic conditions;
- knowledge of Real Estate construction and building systems;
- knowledge and understanding of the Bank's strategic direction in real estate matters, Bank policies and procedures;
- intimate knowledge of the National Building Code
- strong negotiating, communicating (written and verbal), and conflict resolution skills;
- strong quantitative analysis skills and project management expertise;
- knowledge of real estate construction and municipal and national building codes;
- strong time management skills in completing multiple tasks within critical time frames;
- Degree in interior design or architecture from a recognized university and registered interior designer, architect or intern architect with ability to be registered within one year is desirable.
- 5-7 years of workplace design experience is desired.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.