Sle-Co Plastics Inc. is a Tier II / Tier I automotive parts supplier serving OEM markets for both interior and exterior molded components and assemblies. At Sle-Co Plastics Inc., our focus is to assist our customers to achieve optimal product design with minimal cost, through early collaborative involvement. We provide an innovative engineering team based upon a careful selection of Sle-Co Plastics Inc. employees, tooling suppliers and raw materials suppliers.
Sle-Co is currently seeking dedicated and eager fulltime, permanent Machine Operators. The scope of the role is operating Plastic Injection Molding machines, visual quality inspection, assembly of components, and packaging shipments to customers. Positions report to Shift Leaders and/or his/her designees. For induction and training purposes, positions starts on the Day Shift and eventually move to either the Afternoon or Midnight shift on a permanent basis. All shifts are straight shifts.
NOTE: Opportunities are currently available in both London, Ontario and St. Thomas, Ontario. By Fall, 2016, all employees will be based in St. Thomas, Ontario. Therefore, reliable transportation to and from the job is required. Public transportation to both sites is limited.
Temporary opportunities are available for students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review job book at the beginning of shift for boundary samples and work instruction
- Complete daily paperwork (production report, individual report, scrap report)
- Trim excess plastic off parts
- Inspect parts for quality
- Construct boxes for parts, package parts, and print labels for boxes
- Weigh boxes to ensure proper quantity
- Ensure communication with shift leaders, auditors and operator trainer in order to maintain 100% quality parts
- Use of Grinder to reuse material from bad parts
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor or manager
- Minimum 1 year related work experience preferably within a plastics manufacturing environment
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- High attention to detail and quality; assist in resolving work problems; recommending measures of improvement to productivity
- Excellent reading, writing, and organizational skills; proficiency in basic mathematics is required
- PPE required: CSA approved safety boots or shoes
- Ability to lift in excess of 30 lbs.
- Consistently maintain excellent attendance
- Compliance to all Sle-Co Plastics' Quality and Environmental Management Systems and Programs
- Follow Safety guidelines and ensure safe work practices for yourself and your co-workers
- Good housekeeping practices at workstation throughout shift
Sle-Co offers a competitive hourly wage, participation in benefits after 90 days of employment, on-going training, and opportunities for career advancement.
Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants contacted for an interview are asked to make their needs known in advance.