Imagine working in a place where thousands of people rely on your team to bring out the best in their day. Join us and know you can make it happen by creating a home away from home for our guests! No matter what role you play with us, it will be an important one. We work with clients in the oil and gas, mining, construction, coastal logging, military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, to coastal logging camps in B.C., to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands, and a research facility in Antarctica. Our client sites are located within drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, pipeline camps, oil and gas installations and defense facilities.
Why work with ESS Support Services and ECC?
We are a member of Compass Group Canada (CGC) with 25,000+ associates in 3,000 locations across Canada with revenues approaching $2 billion. CGC is the leading food service and support services provider in Canada and services or feeds millions of customers in the healthcare, business & industry, education, remotes services and corrections markets.
Compass Group PLC (Group) is the world`s largest contract food and support service business trading in over 50 countries with worldwide Revenues in excess of $23 billion and over 500,000 employees.
OUR MISSION, VISION & VALUES
Everyone in Compass is committed to consistently delivering superior service in the most efficient way, for the shared benefit of our customers, associates and shareholders.
Our vision is simple. We are about three things: Great People, delivering Great Service, achieving Great Results.
We conduct business each day with our values in mind, regardless of who we are and where we are in the world. Five core values underpin every interaction with associates, clients and customers:
- Openness Trust and Integrity - We set the highest ethical and professional standards. We want our relationships to be based on honesty, respect, fairness and a commitment to open dialogue and transparency.
- Passion for Quality - We are passionate about delivering superior food and service. We look to replicate success, learn from mistakes and develop new ideas, innovation and best practices to help us improve and lead our market.
- Win through teamwork - We encourage individual ownership, but work as a team. We value the expertise and contribution of every employee and promote the sharing of good best practices in pursuit of shared goals.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility for our actions as a company. Every day we look to make a positive contribution to the health and well-being of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work.
- Can Do - We take a positive “can-do” approach to the opportunities and challenges we face.
We are looking for an innovative, operationally excellent and creative Director, People & Culture to join our team. The successful candidate is a results-driven leader who effectively partners with key leaders in one of our fastest growing sectors in Compass Group Canada. S/he successfully teams within the business and across HR to develop and implement strategic human resources plans and solutions to assist the organization in achieving their overall organizational effectiveness, and strategic and business objectives. This position reports into the Chief People & Culture Officer (CPCO) and the role will be ideal for a well-rounded senior Human Resources professional who has demonstrated inspirational leadership and has experience running HR teams, instilling accountability and excellence in execution of outcomes. The preferred location for this position is Calgary, AB.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Driving an HR Business Partner model for 3,000+ employees within the North American Defense, Offshore and Remote organization, and supporting the HR team to deliver exceptional results.
- Ensuring the delivery of expertise and guidance to people leaders on all areas of HR including, but limited to: workforce and succession planning, driving employee engagement; performance management; compensation; and policy interpretation.
- Providing insight into business strategy based on people and organizational strengths and constraints and are able to frame issues and bring the right insights and recommendations to discussions and problem solving to create effective solutions.
- In conjunction with the CPCO and the HR Leadership team, implement the HR roadmap to enhance the succession, talent progression and development, and implement talent enhancements, succession planning and HR practices with the organization while in support of the strategic plan and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Driving organizational capability and efficiency to support business leaders while ensuring we have the right talent in the right roles to drive the business.
- Leading change management initiatives to proactively support integration of acquisitions.
- Coaching, leading and developing a team of HR professionals within the human resources function and working with HR centres of excellence as an extension of the team.
- Anticipating and planning for future human capability needs by analyzing and interpreting workforce information, reviewing results of employee surveys, and discussing top of mind issues and concerns with business and HR leaders, in partnership with his/her team of HRBPs.
- Delivering talent and succession planning processes to provide for proactive identification and development of leaders and employees for future roles. This need to be a key focus to further the development of our internal pipeline.
- Instilling a strong process and HR operational mindset and business partnership into projects and solutions, in the quest for exceptional HR operations delivery.
- Coaching management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review. Manages internal investigations on matters of workplace harassment, progressive discipline, employment standards, human rights, labour relations, etc.
- Working in collaboration with Labour Relations to advise management and appropriately resolve employee relations issues, referring to the union contract/s if applicable.
- Working closely with talent acquisition to drive a strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the teams.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Impact & Influence
- Building organizational capability
- Leadership presence
- Results orientation/operational excellence
- Holding self and others accountable
- Strategic business thinking
- Agility and a sense of urgency
WHAT IT TAKES (YOUR AMAZING SKILLS):
- 10+ years of strong Human Resources Leadership experience.
- Exceptional HR Operations, Workforce Planning, Talent and Development experience.
- Consulting skills and ability to persuade/influence business leaders on suggested actions for turning business issues/problems into viable HR/Business solutions.
- Experience in labour relations.
- Exceptional change management skills.
- Exceptional program management with the ability to multi-task.
- CHRP/CHRL designation or Human Resources Specialty would be considered an asset.
- Problem solving skills, ability to determine root cause of complex issues and arrive at sound HR/Business solutions.
- Exceptional communicator and team player. Solid interpersonal and relationship skills in order to work effectively with business and HR leaders and partners.
- Ability to attract, build, retain and inspire a best-in-class, high-performing HR team.
KEY MEMBERS OF YOUR TRIBE/COMMUNITY:
Manager: Chief People & Culture Officer
Reports: HR Business Partners
Peers: HR leads of functional divisions and COE’s
Business stakeholders: President/CEO of divisions and their respective leadership team (direct reports – VP/Presidents)
- English Only