Role TitleAccounts Payable Associate
Purpose of roleAs a member of the FMO team, the Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for ensuring that payment obligations are met as well as maintain professional relationships with external and internal customers. The employee will play an active role in continually developing and improving internal processes within the department and can work well in a small team environment.
- Cash disbursement EAS system access for the processing of all payments
- Workday-Worker Spend Management (WSM)-Administration and approval of Corporate Card and out of pocket expense reports
- WSM training and support
- Administrative duties for the Foresters Financial Corporate Card program
- Verify payable items to ensure adherence to applicable policies and procedures
- Maintain the Cheque Authorization Policy and signing authorities
- Administration of the FMO Employee Portal
- FMO representative for the Business Continuity Program (BCP)
- Disbursement and processing of all payments-cheque and EFT
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Communication with employees and senior leadership team (i.e. procedures, information, problem resolution, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries from employees, vendors, members and internal/external customers
- Ensure all customer issues are addressed and appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
- Cross-train on other positions within the department to cover during vacations and absences (i.e. bank balances, investments statement, etc.)
- In-person customer assistance
- Daily disbursement of correspondence
- Provides training/information sessions to employees
- Assist with other projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education
- 1-2 years related work experience in Finance
- Knowledge of CDS, EAS and/or Workday (Worker Spend Management) an asset
- Able to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced dynamic environment while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills, basic knowledge of accounting principles, documentation skills, research and resolution skills and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to be able to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Thorough understanding of Foresters Policies and Procedures.
- Proficiency in English and MS Office and Adobe
Only those candidates who will be selected for further consideration will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team. Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.