Work with us at Family Day!
POSITION TITLE ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR – EarlyON
TYPE OF POSITION Contract /Secondment
POSTING DATE: August 23, 2019 POSTING EXPIRED DATE August 30, 2019
START DATE September 3, 2019 END DATE December 31, 2019
About Family Day:
Family Day Care Services is committed to high-quality early learning and care. We are a non-profit, charitable organization with a long and distinguished history of providing services to children and families throughout Toronto, York and Peel Regions. We are a multi service organization which provides a broad range of services including: 24 Child Care Centres, 49 Before and After Care programs, 208 Licensed Home Child Cares, 6 Early ON programs, 2 Homework Plus programs, and Special Needs Resourcing for children and their families living in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the EarlyON Centre, in the absence of the Centre Supervisor. Responsibilities include supervision of staff, outreach functions including facilitation of programs and workshops for families and children to promote the importance of early learning. Also responsible to liaise with schools, community agencies to ensure additional partnerships enabling the implementation of EarlyON satellite programs in the community. The centre is open six days per week. Work schedule will be flexible including evenings & week-ends.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Provides families/caregivers with Evidenced Based information to questions based on all aspects of a child’s development.
- Participates in the development of monthly program plans, calendars, flyers and newsletters to families/caregivers and community organizations.
- Supports families/caregivers by providing agency referrals and contact information to the community, and understanding the importance of interacting with their children during the program.
- Plan for and facilitate evidence based parenting programs. Evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
- Understands and implements adult education teaching techniques.
- Communicates appropriate response to parents/caregivers needs and questions in a sensitive manner which would give parents/caregivers a sense of comfort and satisfaction.
- Builds positive and supportive relationships with parents and caregivers.
- Develops and maintains active and effective oral and written communication and information networks within the community.
- Plans for and facilitates family centred and professional development workshops. Evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
- Maintains good partnership with other community agencies and early learning programs.
- Physically able to lift, transport program supplies and equipment to offsite and satellite locations for the delivery of EarloyON programs
- Perform other duties as required
- Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the CECE
- Minimum of 3 years of child & family experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory and/or designate experience an asset
- Knowledge of parent education, child development & community resources
- Demonstrates the ability to network with community agencies and partners
- Demonstrated ability to deliver family support programs
- Excellent organizational, time management, computer, communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and multi-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Social and multicultural sensitivity
- Strong and effective relationship builder
- Card required together with current license and vehicle insurance liability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible Hours
- Medical required – including TB 6 months current to hiring date
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check 6 months current to hiring date
- Current First Aid and CPR
As an equal opportunity employer our staff represents many diverse backgrounds. We are committed, respectful and inclusive bringing awareness, passion and new ideas that contribute to quality early learning and child care.
Interested candidates may apply through Dayforce by August 30, 2019
Family Day Care Services is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Family Day Care Services will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need to ensure your equal participation, feel free to contact Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are Hiring! If you have the passion, creativity and dedication we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.