Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
Technology at Wave:
About the Team:
The Wave Operations Engineering team supports the success of our ecosystem by building the tools and systems that run our financial platform. We work tightly with all engineering delivery teams, security, data, and machine learning teams to implement the right solution that will meet and exceed their needs as well as ensure Wave can scale with our customers.
We take pride in delivering application performance, operational excellence, and increased quality of life. We average 25+ production deploys a day on our platforms, and we think we can do better. We talk mean-time-to-recovery over mean-time-between-failures. We’re a team who likes to build resilient, secure and scalable systems using understandable technologies, and we can’t wait for you to join us.
Here's how you'll make a difference:
- Join a tight-knit team of Operations Engineers (reporting to the Team Lead, Operations Engineering) who are striving to be better than the day before. We challenge each other’s thinking, and are continuously looking to try solve problems using new solutions. To us, “that’s how everyone else does it” just isn’t good enough.
- Build, manage and maintain Wave’s cloud infrastructure, following infrastructure-as-code principles and using different technologies (see “Technology at Wave”).
- Develop tools to support continuous delivery and local Docker deploys to empower developers. There are always better ways to do things and we’re here to help facilitate and automate that for the rest of Engineering at Wave.
- Collaborate with our Dev Systems team to help them make our engineers’ lives better.
- Have the opportunity to be involved in many projects, learn and suggest new solutions and be continuously challenged to find creative new solutions or code your own.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, including off-hours and holidays. Our escalations are low and our focus on continuous improvement will keep it that way! Developers are on call for their application services and coordinate with OpsEng if help is needed.
- Live our team values of cooperation, continuous improvement, cross-functional thinking, and empathy.
These will help you succeed:
- 5+ years interesting experience supporting production systems.
- 1 year of experience working with cloud-based infrastructure with a focus on infrastructure as code in AWS using Terraform or Cloudformation.
- Experience with Linux administration, automation and configuration management, specifically in hosting distributed web applications.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development. This is something Ops Eng at Wave truly believes in. Past experience in it, or a desire to learn more about these ideas will help you succeed here.
- Comfortable working in at least one programming language (bonus points for Python or Go). Your ambition is to automate yourself out of a job; you can’t write the tools you’ll need to get there if you don’t speak the language(s).
You will thrive here if you:
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
- Have experience across entire ecosystems from Local dev all the way through to Production and all of the microservice connections.
- Enjoy continually learning and using new technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Lambda.
- Have experience using Docker in a production environment.
- Are driven to automate, simplify, and improve through models such as SRE.
- Have had some exposure to Big Data or machine learning tools such as Redshift, AWS Athena, Sagemaker, Hadoop, etc. Since you’ll be helping to support the Data and ML teams, this would be helpful, but not required.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers. Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.