Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
A Unit Operations Engineer performs technical support tasks related to the operation of assigned units. This includes monitoring unit operations, providing technical assistance and direction to Process Operators, communicating with other departments on operational changes, coordinating with maintenance to ensure safe and reliable operation, and establishing specifications with Planning & Scheduling to provide quality products for the Co-operative Retailing System.
- You effectively monitor, advise, and direct the operation of assigned units regarding adjustments required by the production plan to improve operating efficiency or reliability, and to ensure that product specifications are met.
- You analyze operating data, log sheets, and lab analysis on a daily basis and monitor long term data to detect any changes in equipment or catalyst performance.
- You participate in the Process department Safety Program, which includes monthly meetings to address safety incidents and Process Operators’ safety concerns.
- You initiate, justify, and follow up on work orders and capital projects within assigned units and provide technical input as required.
Why it matters:
We fuel Western Canada. Our Refinery strives to be a recognized leader in safety, reliability and sustainability within the petroleum-refining industry.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Engineering and Engineering Technology and:
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- You have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered) P.Eng is required.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by September 6, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.