A Truly Spectacular Career Opportunity!
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services (NTHSSA) in the Yellowknife region is seeking a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner.
Nurse Practitioners are important members of a team working out of the Primary Care Centre that includes physicians, midwives, public health, nurse and mental health and addictions practitioners that provide programs and services in the communities of Dettah, Fort Resolution, Lutselk'e, Ndilo and Yellowknife. This position is based in Yellowknife with limited to no travel to the outlying communities.
In this role you will be responsible for providing clients with advanced health assessment, diagnosis, interventions and appropriate follow up to ensure NWT residents receive a high quality of health care.
Nurse Practitioners have the option to work anywhere; here are a few reasons why we think you should choose Yellowknife, NT:
- Generous Leave Allowances - Employees earn 16.5 days off during their first year of employment, this is on top of mandatory leave, special leave,sick leave and even winter bonus days!
- Training Opportunities - Team members are offered regular on the job training and additional professional development is available on a case by case basis.
- Competitive Salary and Pension - This role offers a salary range of $108K - $129K plus additional allowances. Employees are part of a defined pension plan administered by the Government of Canada.
- Additional Allowances - On top of a Northern Living Allowance of $3,700 in Yellowknife, there are additional allowances paid out for education, and specialized training.
- Incredibly Short Commutes - Most Yellowknife residents enjoy some of the shortest (8 - 12 minute) commute times in the country, even during summer construction season!
- Relocation Assistance – We will arrange and pay for your move to Yellowknife.
To be successful in this role we are looking for candidates certified as a nurse practitioner and two years of directly related experience.
This role is located in Yellowknife, a city situated on the Canadian Shield on the shores of Great Slave Lake, the tenth largest lake in the world. The city has a population of about 20,000 residents who enjoy some of the shortest commutes to work in the country. You’ll find all of the amenities of a big city, without the traffic and an abundance of fresh air. There are year-round outdoor (and indoor) activities, and a wide variety of individual and team sports leagues. Upon moving to Yellowknife you’ll find a welcoming community that quickly becomes home.
For information about living and working in the City of Yellowknife please visit www.yellowknife.ca or http://spectacularnwt.com/destinations/yellowknife.
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority – Yellowknife Region (NTHSSA) is one of eight health and social services authorities established by the Department of Health and Social Services in the Government of the Northwest Territories.
NTHSSA – Yellowknife Region delivers and administers Population Health, Primary Health Care and Social Services programs in the communities of Dettah, Fort Resolution, Lutselk’e, Ndilo and Yellowknife.
Our mission is to work with people to optimize wellbeing through the provision of collaborative and culturally appropriate health and social services.