Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
What will you need to succeed?
- Respond to suspected cyber attacks and investigate compromised assets (industrial devices, smart grid devices, as well as IT servers) in energy environments in Canada and around the world
- Support incident response activities in energy critical infrastructure environments as a subject matter expert, to identify and analyze attacker artifacts and recover attacker activity, techniques, and procedures, and coordinate with internal partners to provide quick, relevant, and actionable assistance to people and organizations in crisis
- Define and execute projects that improve our abilities and tool chains to conduct forensics investigations in energy environments
- Research new and innovate on existing approaches and tools to improve scope, effectiveness, and quality of OT forensics investigations; including participation in government funded research with academia, industry, and customers; publish and present results on internal and external events.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive improvements of policies and processes within the teams.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Mathematics, or other relevant area required
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in IT and/or OT cyber forensics; experience in IT and/or OT cyber defense, e.g., in security monitoring & attack detection, incident response, security architecture, etc.
- Proven track record beyond pure operational roles, e.g., in process and technology improvement, or research
- Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge/experience in current attack methods (e.g., ATT&CK), handling of compromised systems, detection approaches, protection concepts (defense in depth, perimeter protection, host protection)
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and/or embedded system internals with emphasis on memory and data structures
- Proficiency in a scripting language like Python, PowerShell, LUA, or Bash - publicly available references a plus
- Industry experience as part of a CERT / CSIRT, security operations or investigations team in a data regulated and mission-critical environment a plus
- Previous OT or IT penetration testing experience a plus
- Experience in the energy generation and transmission industry a plus
- Problem solver who sees a roadblock and figures out how to get around it with a strong hands-on and can-do attitude
- Willingness to travel up to 30% domestic/international
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees.
Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 188262
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.