VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and motivated Operational Support (OS) to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: Manager, Terminal Operations
Office/Facility: Lachine Transport Facility
The OS plays a lead role in the shipping/receiving office at the facility, greeting customers (drivers) upon their arrival, reviewing and verifying paperwork pertaining to inbound and outbound shipments, and liaising with operations to ensure effective communication and exceptional service. This individual also liaises with the regional customer service team on the scheduling of driver/carrier appointments.
- Participates actively in promoting a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority.
- Greets customers (drivers) upon arrival at the facility, working closely with them to ensure they receive an exceptional customer service experience at the facility. This includes signing in/out, collecting and reviewing paperwork for completion and accuracy, checking temperature requirements, collecting/preparing regulatory documentation and confirming ETAs for late appointments.
- Works with Warehousing Solutions team to meet customer requirements in a timely manner. Prepares appropriate paperwork, communicates temperature requirements, updates in software system (TMW) regarding the arrival of drivers and verifies for accuracy, creates labels, and verifies and checks all paperwork to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Coordinates the assignment of customers to the appropriate loading bay to create efficiency for the warehouse team to prevent outbound/inbound delays.
- Liaises with Customer Service Representative regarding customer requests or inquiries (i.e. shipment delays, same day shipments). Co-ordinates special, same-day shipping requests.
- Audit bills for accuracy
- Provides support/assistance during regulatory inspections. Coordinates with CFIA inspector as required.
- Works with Inventory Control to coordinate customer recall activities and other customer requests.
- May be involved in the setup of items in system under the direction of the supervisor or manager. Validates automatic charges in system.
- Operates within the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statutes and legislation governing the workplace.
- 0-2+ years of experience in a customer service role in logistics, transportation or warehouse environment.
- University degree, College diploma,training or post-secondary courses in Customer Service an asset.
- Bililuangism mandatory (English/French)
- Post-secondary education in Business, Warehousing Transportation, Operations Management, or related field an asset
- Personally demonstrates that external and internal customers are a high priority.
- Skilled at providing exceptional service over the phone and email.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations, and responds to them in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipates and prevents delays or other challenges that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquiries about customer satisfaction with products or services.
- Prioritizes work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Adapts to shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. VersaCold welcomes and encourages applications from various groups including visible minorities, Aboriginal, and people with disabilities.
VersaCold is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our process. If you require additional accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.