Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. Tthe University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and liver disease. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As a member of the Cath Lab team, the PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES ATTENDANT performs direct and indirect patient care functions, including: performing service functions in support of Cath Lab i.e. stocking supplies; performing direct patient assistance functions; performing transport functions; performing environmental support and maintenance services within the Cath Lab, holding area unit and adjacent work settings; performing cross-functional duties; performing other assigned tasks and duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned for the shift.
- Completion of Grade XI or recognized equivalent
- One (1) year experience in a related patient care capacity
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.)
- Knowledge of applicable Hospital and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines, protocols and practices.
- Knowledge of procedures for handling contaminated materials
- Standard First Aid/ Basic Rescuer Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) certification an assest
- Ability to set-up and maintain the equipment, tools and instruments common to the Cath Lab environment, within scope of responsibility
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively as an active participant with others in assisting with the delivery of the care to surgical patients
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a courteous manner
- Must be flexible to work all shifts
- Physically capable of performing the daily activities associated with patient care