You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Schedule: Full-time, 7.5hr shifts, various days and nightsJob Summary
Location: Branksome Hall - AWC, Toronto
Requirements: Previous work in janitoral services
Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the front of the house, including all tables, counters, floors, windows and beverage station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure building entrance is free of clutter at all times.
- Fix minor technical issues, like changing bulbs.
- Report damages, call technicians and monitor repairs.
- Maintain stock of cleaning supplies.
- Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies.
- Ensure tables are bussed, cleared and cleaned and floors are cleared and swept during peak service times and are prepped prior to service.
- Follow safety procedures when transporting dishes and utensils from the front of the house to the kitchen area using trays, bus tubs or carts.
- Keep display equipment clean, free of debris and in compliance with all safety and sanitation standards during meal service.
- Help receive heavy deliveries from dock and transports them to assigned storage areas while observing all safe lifting standards.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Porters? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
Previous kitchen/cafeteria experience an asset.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.